Wednesday, April 27, 2011

light and shadow study in the block area

I took our projector out of the light studio and set it up in the block area for a change of pace. 

The children went to town, literally! Buildings, and towers and castles went up right away, though they had to work on getting out of the way of the projector light to see their structures and figure out the best distance away from the projector to put their work.


They were moving so fast I didn't get a chance to document their words. Although I do remember lots of gasps of, "It's beautiful." I also remember someone calling the rainbow blocks "reflection blocks."

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Erin - I don't think you need to worry about not getting their words - sometimes words just aren't necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I LOVE this!! It reminds me of the work of artists Sue Noble and Tim Webster: http://u11ekristal.edublogs.org/2010/10/02/real-life-is-rubbish-an-installation-by-tim-noble-and-sue-webster/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....I got home late last night and Kaiden made it a point to tell me to come to his bed and tell me about what you did at school. He said 'Miss Erin made one buidling that we reflected on the wall and used lights to see the rainbow on the wall. it was so cool! But then one broke and she had to fix it..." ha ha... I don't know what the end meant, but he was in awe about the whole process!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What inspiring shots, thanks for sharing! I'm feeling inspired to move my projector somewhere new tomorrow. It's interesting how a shift in the environment or the addition of one tool can provoke an entire - beautiful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please share a source for these blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=15934&keyword=blocks%20colored&scategoryid=0&CategorySearch=&Brand=&Price=

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure other stores have these, but if that link doesn't work, go to Discount School Supply and search for Window Blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails