Thursday, March 31, 2011

sand on contact paper

I gave the children small containers of different colored sand and showed them how to pinch and sprinkle it on to the contact paper.
Eventually sand piled up in some areas, so I showed them how the sand wasn't going to stick and how to sprinkle it on the uncovered areas. (I notice this is the same phenomena occurs with paint. I wonder why children paint and paint and paint the same little area as opposed to covering the whole paper?)
Here is the art hanging in the door. The contact paper is translucent so it gives the colors a soft, dreamy quality.

I enjoyed watching the children do this so much I forgot to document their words!

The end!

3 comments:

  1. Nice ... very nice! Sand is just one of things with endless possibilities isn't it?!
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a neat idea but I think we will be doing it outside!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails