Friday, February 4, 2011

'Beautiful Stuff' Collage

We're blessed to have tons of 'beautiful stuff' thanks to parent donations. Our shelves were overflowing with  materials so I decided it was time to make a collage. I set out the jars of 'stuff', glue, and paint rollers. After we covered the foam board, my instructions to the children was to 'put things where they made sense.' Colors by colors or objects by similar objects. This is what they created:



I love working with these kinds of materials because it's like unearthing treasures every time.

Close up of the left side:
Center:
Right side:
If you look really close you can see treasures inside treasures-a marble in an egg:
-beads inside a measuring cup:
-beads inside a coffee creamer lid (you have to flip the top to see):

Some of their thoughts:

-Greens go with greens and reds go with reds.
-This isn't junk, it's awesome!
-Can I take this home? I'm trying to make a hat for my friend.
-This looks like the other thing we made, but it's prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails