Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the ball run

I found this post in my dashboard marked under 'drafts' dated December 3rd. Whoops!
-
I’ve had these pieces of cove molding and halved cardboard tubes since the end of the last school year. No one seemed interested in them until now, and the children are on fire creating ball and marble runs.
So far they have learned how to connect two ramps together so the marble continues to roll. They also know which ramps work best for which balls. I insist that they have some sort of ‘ball trap’ so all the round objects don’t scatter across the room. The ball traps have gotten pretty elaborate!

Ball trap which has been 'blocked':



The end!

ETA: The children have done such wonderful things with ramps since their first experience and I can't wait to blog about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails