Thursday, October 14, 2010

fence weaving

After seeing how cheerful our playground fence looked after hanging up our coffee filter art, I wondered if the children would be interested in weaving fabric into the gate.

I organized this activity a little differently this time. Normally I have strips ready for them and they manipulate the fabric from start to finish. However, it's extremely challenging for the younger ones who tend to give up easily.

This time, I had the children rip the strips first (I gave them fabric that was pre-snipped at the top). 


Then I tied the strips to the fence at regular intervals and had the children partner up. One child would put the fabric through the fence and the other would pull it through and vice-versa.


Older children preferred to work alone:


When they got to the end of the fabric I tied a knot or they tied one themselves.

At the end of the day:


With our coffee filters:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails